3rd grade multiplication
    marianes is offline Junior Member

Default 3rd grade multiplication

I'm a relative newbie here, so I'm still finding my way around and hoping I'm just missing something.

Looking through the materials and lesson plans, what I see for 3rd grade multiplication is a lot of learning of the concept of multiplication, which I do agree is important. When it comes to multiplication facts, however, I was hoping for drill practice in addition to the rest of the material. Is this available through T4L or will I have to supplement this from elsewhere?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Many students learn multiplication facts through working with them on daily work. Others will need drill. Time4Learning does not provide drill. I used Timez Attack for my kids who needed drill. The first level is free.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

lac.ddclc is offline Member

When my son was younger, I used a lot of free printable worksheets from all over the internet. There are a lot of resources out there. If you type the right keywords into Google or any other search engine, you can find practically everything you need to supplement your main curriculum. I would try the keywords: free math worksheets multiplication drill

I hope that helps.

amybeets05@yahoo.com is offline Junior Member Newbie

i am not that new with using t4l but I will say that my 8 yr. old 2nd going on 3rd grader was in local private school that uses Abeka. I pulled that child out in Feb., so she did 2/3 of the Math teaching this yr. He was expected to know all Multiplication Facts through the 10's committed to memory by the end of yr.(now,obviously) Thank GOD he already knew them so we have his Abeka Math book so we can still keep at same pace.
    I do know Abeka is a bit ahead on Math but some of the lessons on T4L's 2nd grade Math are WAY under grade level. Now some are on grade level, esp. with things like telling time, fractions, etc. But his class is finishing out the yr. learning the "concept" of Divsion. I am a bit worried, or maybe Abeka was too far ahead? I dont know!

marianes is offline Junior Member

Thanks! We've got a great app that works, I was just curious in case T4L has something for drills as well. I wanted to check it out in case it existed