Anki Spaced Repetition Flashcards to Help with Retention- Collaboration
    SakuraMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Lightbulb Anki Spaced Repetition Flashcards to Help with Retention- Collaboration

Hi Parents-

I am using T4L with my daughter. I am interested in creating some decks of Anki Spaced Repetition flashcards to help with retention. Basically, you just pull very brief facts from the lessons (I am specifically interested in social studies and science) and then go over the cards once a day or so. You can grade your child as to how well they remember the facts.

For example, if they "fail" at remembering anything, then they will see the same card tomorrow. However, if they pass 100%, then they will not see the card for say, a month or two. It's based on an algorithm that encourages users to keep refreshing knowledge at the most efficient rate to prevent forgetting.There is a man out there that used this method on physical index cards to memorize the entire bible. I am just noticing that for my daughter, without review the online T4L lessons go in one ear and out the other.

By using Anki, we can upload desks to share with other users in the community, thus lightening the workload. AND it's ipad compatible. You can create/edit decks more easily using a computer, but then they are synced and you can use an ipad or other tablet for review.

Post here if you are interested in collaborating! I am specifically interested in FIRST GRADE initially. Thanks!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum SakuraMom.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

pm1e is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hey SakuraMom, I used anki for a while but the download really bugged me so I tried out these guys at Examtime. They're platform is nowhere near as advanced as Anki but the site claims to be in beta so I guess improvements will be made. My cousin over in Boston U pointed them out to me, its not a bad site but like anything, the more of my peers that got on it the better it got, we now have a group in it that uploads flashcard decks every couple of days and it really shares the weight, Anyway thats my two cents.