Anyone make a 1st grade success chart?
    susykins is offline Junior Member

Default Anyone make a 1st grade success chart?

I'd like to get a chart that we can check off each lesson or put a sticker when a lesson is completed.

I know I can print out the student planner, but that is A LOT of unnecessary information and text, taking up nearly 100 pages. (so, alot of wasted paper and ink, and alot of extra info that would overwhelm him. With that planner, some days are over several pages, when you look at all the subjects needed for that day).

I just need something with the lesson title and not all the additional subtitle information that is covered in that lesson. Almost like a to-do list or chore chart. But, with the specific lesson numbers/titles.

Before I sit at the computer all week and cut/past from the planner line by line, I figured i'd ask here.

Has anyone been able to create a chart or something similar that they are willing to share?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone make a 1st grade success chart?

Hi, Susykins!

Does your child not find the checkmarks on the lesson icons motivating?

I've been on this forum since 2006 and I haven't seen anyone make the kind of thing you are describing, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I do want to make sure you know about the certificates you can create from within your parent login account. You probably wouldn't want to make one of those for each lesson completed, but you could recognize chapters or some other accomplishment.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

susykins is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Anyone make a 1st grade success chart?

----------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi, Susykins!

Does your child not find the checkmarks on the lesson icons motivating?

I've been on this forum since 2006 and I haven't seen anyone make the kind of thing you are describing, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I do want to make sure you know about the certificates you can create from within your parent login account. You probably wouldn't want to make one of those for each lesson completed, but you could recognize chapters or some other accomplishment.
    -----------------------------------------------
    I just wrote a huge long reply and it didn't show up

The checkmarks show what he's done, not what he needs to do still.

I'm looking for something to show what he needs to do. He can check them off so that he knows he's on schedule. Specifically if he gets ahead in one subject, and behind in the other, i want him to be able to see he needs to do X number of extra lessons to catch up. That can be by looking back and seeing what he missed in the past few weeks or something similar.

The curriculum calculator does that in the parent section, but a) he can't access that on his own. b) it has a lot of extra info (such as lesson descriptions) that makes it hard to print out for him without it being visually overwhelming (not to mention costly in paper and ink).

I may have found a simpler outline on the facebook page that I'm going to try to repurpose. Still need to cut/past but it's less work than if i start with the lesson plan generated in t4l.

thanks.