Assigning daily work?
    kernersvillemomof8 is offline Junior Member

Default Assigning daily work?

We used to use SOS and after I set-up the calendar, The child could log on and see a list of that days activities, click on them, complete them and then they would disappear from the to-do list. It was so simple. I am so frustrated with Time 4 Learnings system of assigning work. Having a seperate "pdf" or "excel document" is a real pain not to mention a little confusing for my barely reading 1st grader. Why can't T$L come up with an easier assignment interface where they can divide the lessons on a daily basis or at the very least allow me the parent to assign work here on the interface by highlighting or starring what I want her to complete for the day. Please help! Is there any way to assign work on this site without printing a document or saving a pdf of the assignments?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. If you set your plan as your student's default, a tab will appear when they log in that says Activity Plan. You or your student can click on that to see what she needs to do. You can click to check items off as they are completed or the system will automatically check them off once each day. So, you do not have to print or save a document . . . although I atually prefer to print the plan for my younger child.

Time4Learning leases the curriculum from Compass Learning Odyssey, who only provides it to schools. Since Time4Learning does not own the curriculum, they can't change the curriculum or interface itself. They can only add things to it (such as the Activity Planner).

I hope this helps understand why it's laid out this way and how to better utilize the planner. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

2KKMom is offline Junior Member

Kelly, when I click on Activity Plan it only shows LA. I have math set up as well, but it does not show up. Why is that?

Blog Entries

If you added math as part of your activity plan, it should be in there. Where in the activity plan are you clicking?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

tracy.booth is offline Junior Member

I have a question I was hoping someone could help. i set up my kids for the first time last week with their first home school curriculum. Can you go in and revamp the time frame they need to have the lessons done by?

Blog Entries

Tracy, the only edits you can make to a plan created within the Activity Planner at this point are to add weekly breaks. You will need to delete your original plan and make a new one. To do this, click on My Saved Plans at the lower right when you are logged in as a parent. Then select your student's name and select any plan. Click on Manage Plans at the top. A box will pop up that allows you to delete any plan or set any plan as your student's default.

The Activity Planner is new and additional features are being added as they become available. Hopefully the ability to edit plans will be available in the future.