Completed grade level/chapters

Default Completed grade level/chapters

Does T4L automatically advance you to the next set of lessons/chapter once a grade level is complete? My son finished all of Kindergarten Math & Science - I'm not sure if I have to manually change this to open up new lessons, or have him complete the Language Arts to move on to Grade 1.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You can go in under your parent login and change his grade level in the subjects he has completed. It is not unusual for a child to be working in more than one grade level. My son is in one grade for language arts extensions, another for math, language arts, and science, and still another grade for social studies. I also do not wait until the end of the school year to move him up. When he completes one subject I move him up in that subject.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

kvoj is offline Member

I'm kind of confused on few things...

1. How do I start a thread? lol I only know how to reply! So sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

2. How does the "reports" I chose "student score reports" decide what was passing and what was failing? I am reading one that says 20% for a score that has a blue bar indicating scored activity and one that has 60% for a score that has a red car indicating failed. and 100% that are blue while 95% ones that are green. Confused a bit on how that works?

3. I understood it as, if they score low on something they can go back and redo it. Do they then get the better score instead of the low score, or do they get both scores, or can you not redo?

Thank you!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

To start a new thread just click on the link at the top of the page that says Post new thread.

For the scoring, blue is a scored activity. Red is an activity that is failed. Green is passed. I will have to check about why some scores are blue. I haven't really thought about that.

You can retake a test or redo a lesson as many times as you need to to understand the material. The scores are all averaged in to the total score.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

kvoj is offline Member

Thanks so much fairylover. I'm new to forums, homeschooling, and T4L