Does anyone have the contact information for the homeschooling Association NewJersey
    kaimee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Does anyone have the contact information for the homeschooling Association NewJersey

I am new to New Jersey and homeschooling. I am filling out a child performer form.
    I have to provide The state of New York an official letter or other official information stating that Home Schooling is not monitored by education authorities in New Jersey. Does anyone know how to find a document like this? Thank you, K

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, kaimee. If you are now a resident of New Jersey, I'm not sure why New York can still require anything from you . . . but I'm not an attorney, and New York's homeschool laws are know to be the most cumbersome of all the states.

I would think a copy of the New Jersey homeschool statutes would suffice. If they want an actual letter, then maybe you can approach the superintendent of your local school district.

It seems to be sort of a Catch 22. States who do monitor homeschooling would have someone on staff to write such a letter for you.

Hopefully someone with experience with this will come along with some practical advice. You also might want to check with HSLDA or a local attorney to answer the question in my first paragraph.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!