Does my child need to do each lesson to pass onto 1st grade and beyond?
    pixiedollrunner is offline Junior Member

Question Does my child need to do each lesson to pass onto 1st grade and beyond?

Hello,

My son is recently on the Kindergarten level, although some other lessons he does, like Starfall Education puts him the 1st grade level in reading. Anyways, I've been with T4L for awhile, and I was wondering does my son need to do each lesson to pass onto the next grade level? I plan to home school him until 12th grade, if I can (lol). He has autism and is so smart and intelligent, but there are some lessons I find that I have to teach him again and again and review. I was just wondering, I know this is way in the future, but I like to plan and know what lies ahead. Does T4L offer a diploma after completing all the lessons? How does that work?

Thank you to anyone who answers my many questions!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi.

Just log in to your parent account and click on Adjust Education Level under Make Changes to My Account. You can choose a different grade level for each subject, if you wish. It is entirely up to you.

Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum, so the parent is the teacher of record. Since we aren't a school, we don't award diplomas. We do offer a fun way for a parent to generated an awards certificate to recognize any achievement, including "passing" from one grade level to the next. Log in to your parent account and click on View My Tools under Parent Tools and Resources. Then, click on the box that says Create a Certificate.

If you want to start early to think about high school, the best place to get information is Let's Homeschool High School.com. Yes, you can home school through 12th grade! Four of mine have graduated from our homeschool so far. They've all attended college. One graduated and is an electronics engineer. One is currently a college freshman majoring in early childhood education.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

pixiedollrunner is offline Junior Member

Thank you for your reply. I have researched and now know that T4L is not a school, but my son thinks it is....Lol!
    Anyways, we enjoy learning together and sometimes I doubt myself, but he is learning and I know together we will get there!
    Have a great evening!

kings_kid75 is offline Junior Member

Default Good question

My 10-year-old daughter who is intellectually delayed or IDD Will be going into fourth grade this year. Last year we did accelerated Christian education (A.C.E.) and had to skip a lot of the LA lessons. She cannot do things like write a book report for make up sentences of stories on her own. She cannot think outside of the box. It won't help to be able to go back a grade in that subject because she will still have a hard time doing it. I registered both my girls with time4learning last night. I will have a third grader and a fourth grader. I worry about her future because I have to skip so much. I was told by doctors just to work on her adaptive behavior and teach her as much as I can but I worry about the law and her graduating one day.

Shannon

kings_kid75 is offline Junior Member

My 10-year-old daughter who is intellectually delayed or IDD Will be going into fourth grade this year. Last year we did accelerated Christian education (A.C.E.) and had to skip a lot of the LA lessons. She cannot do things like write a book report for make up sentences of stories on her own. She cannot think outside of the box. It won't help to be able to go back a grade in that subject because she will still have a hard time doing it. I registered both my girls with time4learning last night. I will have a third grader and a fourth grader. I worry about her future because I have to skip so much. I was told by doctors just to work on her adaptive behavior and teacher as much as I can but I worry about the law and her graduating one day.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

kings_kid, you might want to post over in our Special Needs forum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Prudence123 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Does my child need to do each lesson to pass onto 1st grade and beyond?

I will have a third grader and a fourth grader. I worry about her future because I have to skip so much.