"done" checked off items
    trenathetreehugger is offline Junior Member

Default "done" checked off items

my 6 year old son keeps telling me he has already completed a section that keeps repeating to him. is this because he has not really finished the section all the way through or has not passed that section, and has to repeat until he passes it? these are not quizzes or test, just the lessons.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it "keeps repeating to him". Can you clarify? The parent decides what they want the student to do. I'm wondering if you're expecting the icon to disappear when the activity is completed or something? The icons do get checked off.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question more thoroughly until I understand what is happening on his end that is confusing.

It would be unusual for a six-year-old to be able to navigate the program all by himself. Usually parents need to access the lesson activities for their students until second or third grade, although they can then walk away and let the child work independently (while being available for questions).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

when we (2 boys - 6 and 7) started on 1/19/16, i didn't know what i was doing so i just let them go to the blue center circle (math la and more lessons) and they clicked that blue circle and then boxes come up that say la, math, and science. they would click on any one of those and then pick another box to do an activity/lesson. so this week i have asked more questions and found out a little more of how to do the lesson plans. so i went in and created lesson plans for both boys and i have printed out a weekly lesson. some of the lesson #s are checked off, and some are not. the ones that are not checked off i am having them do/redo. they get on the lesson/activity and are telling me they have already done the lesson/activity, hence me saying it is repeating. is the lesson/activity only going to be checked off when: 1. they complete the lesson from start to finish? (so maybe they have not completed it from start to finish, is my guess) or 2. they have to pass the lesson with a % to have the lesson checked off. (and i am guessing that my kids are not passing it and it will repeat until that % is met) does that make more sense?

and is there any directions as to how to read the student reports?

I'm wondering about the student reports, as well. I would like to know if there is an easy way to have them re-do the ones with unmastered scores. So far, I haven't figured it out and it is very unfeasable to go through each and every lesson box trying to hunt down the ones that they didn't master.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You can quickly locate and re-do any activity that a student scores poorly on. Just note the lesson activity number on the report. Log in to your student's account and type that number in the activity finder (magnifying glass icon at the lower right). You will be taken directly to that activity.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!