Elementary Grammar - need more practice
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flsunrise

Thread: Elementary Grammar - need more practice

flsunrise is offline Junior Member

Default Elementary Grammar - need more practice

We started t4l about a month ago for my 3rd grader. It's our 1st year HSing, and he is all over the board after 2 years in Montessori, and severely ADHD so we are playing a lot of catch-up and it is not easy for me to gauge what he has and hasn't retained, or never picked up in the first place.

I'm currently trying to make sure bases are covered on basic grammar. His reading comp is grade level, and he's going through the grade 3 LA stuff on track, but the text-heavy, writing-heavy 3rd grade LA extensions are not thrilling us (and I sincerely hope the creators are working on making these sections more appealing, as the jump in quality, interest, and interactivity between the excellent LA modules and the incredibly boring LA extensions makes it look like they spent their whole budget on the first quarter of the program and then gave up). I have perused the lessons and I see we have punctuation and such coming up - but it seems to be more of a review, and I need something that covers basic sentence structure, parts of speech, etc. Where would these be addressed, and are they done so in any more interactive way at the 2nd or 1st grade level? (I have him registered as 2nd and we jump around).

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Here is an article explaining where the grammar lessons can be located. Hope this helps!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

flsunrise is offline Junior Member

Yes! Exactly what I needed! Thank you!