Feeling like I'm failing whn work isn't all completed that day!
    hrabah is offline Junior Member

Default Feeling like I'm failing whn work isn't all completed that day!

So We've started our school year and My first grader & I are both love T4L. I guess my problem can be split into 2 parts but are kinda linked. But here it goes...
    1) I get uneasy whn I have smthing academic scheduled for the day and we don't get around to it. I don't know if it's just me...but whn I see that there are a few thighs not completed on my checklist I feel like a failure that day

2) I know I'm not over loading our school schedule with work cuz I used the schedule generator T4L has to set up the curriculum. My 2nd issue is I feel like "life" gets in the way of the schedule iv created in order to get everything done! I hope that makes sense lol. What I mean is we wake up...finish out morning routine,I set out in the school schedule saying we will and 30 mins of math pand next thing u know it's 1 hr later! And I start feeling like I need to play catch up and moving quickly through out the day cuz I'm scared we don't finish wat I had planned for that day....which will mess up all the other days!!!! Drama I know :/ is this just me?! I want to enjoy homeschooling, and be able to go with the flow....like all the articles & forms I read say....but I can't whn I feel like we will fall behind if work isn't completed! Domino effect so to speak lol

Sorry to be dumping this into this group...but I'm hoping for sm tips and guidance plz !

Heba

sbollinger777 is offline Junior Member

I use to stress over time also. I am now in my second year homeschool and homeschooling 2 (daughter doing preschool now with 2nd grade son). My state (TN) requires 4 hours and so I was writing down time (wasn't doing T4L at time) and trying to stay honest. Some days we couldn't get done- others we couldn't find enough to do! The great thing about homeschool is its flexibility I've found, and so I've lightened up on making certain everything is so "structured." He doesn't know the difference, so if I make him work for 4.5 hrs in a day (with breaks- of course) or if we get done early I fill in with something fun and extra like a cookie cooking lesson (educational videos, reading to your child or cooking together all count as homesschooling time). The important thing is that he is learning and making progress. If something gets moved to another day or we learn it fast and can skip, it's o.k. I don't know what your schedule is like, but as a stay-at-home mom, I am able to do school throughout the day (not work non-stop hours in a row) also. Like we might do couple subjects in the morning, then have an appointment or errands and finish up in the evening. He is flexible and likes breaks also. Hope this advice helps you enjoy your schooling and stress less. Good luck!

hrabah is offline Junior Member

Thank you sbollinger....its sound advice! I guess I just need to stress less and hopefully I can train myslef to do that! I'm just used to everything being so structured that it's taking the fun out of homeschooling.
    Thanks again for your post