feeling the overwhelming urge to homeschool
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover
  • 1 Post By Kristin Rempel

Thread: feeling the overwhelming urge to homeschool

paige1822 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default feeling the overwhelming urge to homeschool

Hi, my daughter is in public school and honestly I have wanted to homeschool since she was in diapers. I feel it's the way it should be. But Im not the most organized person ever and just get overwhelmed about what to do after you buy the curriculum?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I found time4learning to be so organized for me. We just followed the arows and worked through the lessons from beginning to end each year. My son has used it for 6 years now and loves it.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Kristin Rempel is offline Junior Member

I am horrible disorganized and I find the T4L is easy to follow along and make the organizing problem almost non existent!
    lovehmschlg likes this.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I posted your question on our facebook page today.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

angeleyes1307 is offline Member

I am the organizer in my house, but I am also the breadwinner, so my husband does the schooling. He couldn't organize his way out of a wet paper bag without a manual. (I love him, but he is the archeotype of an artist) We use Time4Learning as our primary "curriculum". Time4Learning is flexible enough to allow for a very free flowing structure without getting lost. If your daughter takes after you, she may learn better in an enviroment of choosing what strikes her fancy to learn at the moment (with big arrows to follow that pick right up where she was last time she was there). If she is naturally more structured, she will have the ability to structure what fits her. It also is much less financial outlay than purchasing a full curriculum right off the bat.

As a matter of fact curriculum purchase is not the first step. The first step would be to find what your state laws are and then decide what kind of learning style will fit your child and your life. From there start deciding what kind of curriculum you will need. Plenty of folks out there who can help too, with everything from finding curriculum to organizing your day, to recommending local stuff to do and groups to meet. Good luck to you!