Finished with Kindergarten halfway through the year. Do I move my daughter up to 1st?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Finished with Kindergarten halfway through the year. Do I move my daughter up to 1st?

rickvon2010 is offline Member

Default Finished with Kindergarten halfway through the year. Do I move my daughter up to 1st?

My daughter has finished T4L kindergarten language and math and is 1st grade science. I also added another full book curriculum to slow her pace, but she still finished at the Christmas break. I went back and reviewed everything with her and now it is mastered with a star. Do I have them reset her curriculum to the 1st grade and do a hybrid reviewing some kindergarten books ad T4L 1st grade on the computer? She has taken the Iowa test and did great! Your thoughts and input would be appreciated.
    Olive likes this.
    Rick Von Linsowe, MS
    Air Force Family
    Homeschooling Dad of one 1st grade Princess

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

When my son completed a year I just moved him up to the next grade. There is no reason to hold her back. My granddaughter went through kindergarten, first grade, and part of second grade before she started to slow down. I think your plan of lots of reading and moving on to first grade is a great idea. You can go into your parent login and adjust her grade level yourself. Happy Learning.
    Olive likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Thanks Kathi I am going to move her up to 1st!
    Rick Von Linsowe, MS
    Air Force Family

Today was her first day of 1st grade and she did great! The math was more challenging and age appropriate and the reading books were perfect for her!
    Rick Von Linsowe, MS
    Air Force Family

Blog Entries

I'm so glad the change is working out for her. As a child I was so bored with school. But they never thought of changing my grade level. I may not have dropped out of school when they did if someone had interceded when I was little.

Default Daughter seems bored

My daughter has been doing the Kindergarten lessons and she seems to get bored very fast. She knows what they want her to do before they ask. When she does a quiz she has the cursor on the answer before the question is completely read. I have tried adding in other things to help break up the computer work and that doesn't seem to help.. Is it possible that because she did go 6 weeks to public school that she has been over the things already? I,m new to homeschool and want to give my daughter the best education, just don't know what I should do to keep her from being bored and not wanting to do her work... Help please!

Blog Entries

It's possible that she picked up some of the material in school. It is more likely that she learned these things from you and from living life. I would try moving her up to first grade.

Arcoma Gonzalez Lambert is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default First Grade Gold Star

You probably already figured this out, but yes, move her on to the next grade. You can even individually move up each subject...

Great job Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by rickvon2010 View Post
    My daughter has finished T4L kindergarten language and math and is 1st grade science. I also added another full book curriculum to slow her pace, but she still finished at the Christmas break. I went back and reviewed everything with her and now it is mastered with a star. Do I have them reset her curriculum to the 1st grade and do a hybrid reviewing some kindergarten books ad T4L 1st grade on the computer? She has taken the Iowa test and did great! Your thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Olive is offline Member

txgaljt, you could try doing chapter tests to see where she belongs if she's not ready for the next grade.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the great input folks. Keep it coming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast