First Grade Math - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

If you look at the lessons plans, you will see the activity number for this lesson is 10147. You can also look at the report for the day after your child has done their work. If you are looking for a lesson that you would like them to repeat you can look at the report and see what lesson number it is.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

kvoj is offline Member

Hi my we are doing first grade math and I think they are marking questions wrong when they are correct. Is there someone that could help me with that? Thank you!

Blog Entries

If you feel that the questions are being marked wrong you need to contact support. (888) 771-0914

teachforgood is offline Junior Member

I had similar questions so thank you for this!

Blog Entries

I always say we're all in this together. Sharing information with each other is how we get through this.

Heatherann is offline Junior Member

Yes! I'm new here (Hello!) and just came to the forum about this exact case. The lesson plan is AT1001 which explores whole numbers by showing pictures of "whole" items (applies etc) and bitten "not whole" numbers. My son grasped that quickly enough, but when it came time for the quiz, decimals and fractions were included- neither of which was covered in the activity. Both of us had a "whoa" moment. So now I'm struggling to find something to assist him with the decimals and fractions. I explained anything with decimal was not a whole number, but the fractions are throwing him off entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by HopeSpringsFam View Post
    I had a similar problem with the lesson on whole numbers. The only activity was an "authentic" activity (i.e. worksheet) that gave pictures as the only example of what whole numbers were. It was a good thing I was with my son when he took the lesson quiz. There were no questions with pictures, only numbers with decimals and fractions (neither of which was previously introduced). I had to teach him "on the spot" that whole numbers meant no decimals (the dot) and no fractions (the stacked numbers). It was a little frustrating for him. On the whole, I really like T4L, but these little inconsistencies in math cause some trouble.

Blog Entries

There is a wonderful pizza game that explains fractions really well. I think I bought it on Amazon.com when my son was that age. I do remember that lesson well. It threw us for a loop as well. We have complained and complained to Odyssey about this. (The people we lease the curriculum from.) But so far they have not corrected it. Fortunately these issues do not come up that often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2