Grade Book
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Grade Book

Default Grade Book

Hi i am having trouble accessing my son grade book which is on the left side of his page when choosing lessons. It is saying that no classes are assigned.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! The grade book was designed for classroom use. Families and individual users find records of the student's progress within the student reports. You can access these reports from within your parent login under Student Reports and information. These are very thorough reports and don't require any parent/teacher input, unlike the teacher grade grade book.

Your student can also view his or her reports by clicking on Start My Lessons when they log in, and then clicking on "Portfolio" instead of on a subject icon. The portfolio is at the top, left of their screen.

A note about reports: The reports default to the Recent Work tab, which lists ALL program access by this student within the past month, whether completed or not. Click on the actual Reports tab to generate a report of just COMPLETED work within your specified time period. Within the actual Reports tab, you can also choose to include just certain subjects, only test scores, an "attendance" report (time logged in to program), or pretty much whatever information you need.

Also note that not all activities are graded (or scored). You can use the icon key within the reports to see what the various icons mean: scored activity, non-scored activity, writing assignment, and so forth. Some parents are curious about non-scored activities and I tell them to think of these activities sort of like a teacher lecture. The non-scored activities are intended to teach the student . . . not to assess what they have learned. There is really no way to score a teaching activity. The student is then given a scored activity, which assess what they have learned.

Hope this helps you understand how the grading system works.
    Mcblueyes28 likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!