Help?

Thread: Help?

Default Help?

Hi, I just signed my daughter up for the Kindergarten homeschooling... I'm so new to all of this and I feel like it just might drive me insane, haha. I understand that Time4Learning wont cover everything? does ANYONE know where else I can look to make sure all of the areas are being covered? Thank you so much.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

This is my favorite source for a "typical course of study". I've found that Time4Learning kindergarten does cover most of it. To round out science and social studies, if she hasn't done the preschool program, I would suggest taking a look at the little preschool books and videos! Many of the preschool themes are based on science topics . . . especially in Pre-K 2. You can have access to the preschool material for no additional charge.

Really, for science and social studies at this grade level, you can just check out library books and enjoy them. Or look for videos on YouTube. The Charlie Brown videos are good for explaining things like Thanksgiving, and there are other cartoony things on YouTube. It's fun to go hunting for them.

Check out Science4Us for more really fun science. It's 7.95/month . . . worth it if you have a child who really enjoys science!

I also like the worksheets at learningpage.com . That's a good place to get penmanship practice. It's free. We have enjoyed putting the printable murals up in our hallway and coloring the pictures that go on the murals . . . one or two per day. It's nice to have this "evidence" if you have relatives that wonder if you're "really doing school".

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!