How does this work

Default How does this work

I have set up my twins into the system,and they love it. I have also set assignments for them on the site.

But when the kids log in, there is no indication that tells them what assignments to do.

They've both completed 2nd grade social studies AND science while I wasn't looking, in the past two weeks, so they love the site. I just can't find the structure for them anywhere.

(Connor loves the skeleton!)

Any help?

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormdancer0 View Post
    I have set up my twins into the system,and they love it. I have also set assignments for them on the site. But when the kids log in, there is no indication that tells them what assignments Any help?
    There is an arrow that tells them what to do next.Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

RyliBeth is offline Junior Member

The most convenient thing I've found to do is to use the activity scheduler to generate a complete curriculum, then print it out week-by-week and break the weekly lesson plan down into daily portions. So I print the activity calendar for the week and then just use that to make sure we're on track with everything and it also creates a structure to what we're doing on the site. I do love that it's set up where my little girl knows exactly where to head next within a subject - but it's also nice to have an at-a-glance way to track what you're working on for the day or week.

Hope that helps!

Aimee3 is offline Junior Member

Default keep it simple

Quote Originally Posted by stormdancer0 View Post
    I have set up my twins into the system,and they love it. I have also set assignments for them on the site.

But when the kids log in, there is no indication that tells them what assignments to do.

They've both completed 2nd grade social studies AND science while I wasn't looking, in the past two weeks, so they love the site. I just can't find the structure for them anywhere.

(Connor loves the skeleton!)

Any help?
    I just realized how old this post is so this is for anyone new looking through posts...

I set up the activity scheduler to cover whichever subjects and activities I choose for the year. Then I can look at the current week and see how many lessons or activities of each subject they have to complete that week. I just write a quick schedule spreading the lessons and activities evenly through the week. I tell my kids how many of each lesson to do each day and print worksheets. The arrow points to the next lesson. Works like a charm. I also require them to redo graded lessons that are below 80 to make sure they really get it. The only thing you have to watch for is sometimes they will forget to do a test or quiz because the arrow doesn't point at them. I wish they'd change that. Hope this helps!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

For my son we just work through the lessons as they come up following the little arrows. We work as long as his attention span will tolerate. I feel good if we get two or three lessons in language and math done and a lesson in science and one in social studies. Sometimes we alternate days for science and social studies.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota