I have a couple of Questions...?
    Angelwood2014 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I have a couple of Questions...?

My son is 6 years old and is in Kindergarten for the second time. I was not to happy with his previous school and there ways of teaching him. So I am attempting to home school him this year, I am not completely sure if this is a complete lesson of courses and how it all works. Does he do assignments and test on here. Does he get graded here and how does he get credit for the grades he makes? How does the state receive the information? Is there certain times that he can do the work and lessons?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Angelwood. Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum, so the parent is the teacher of record. We encourage you to follow the homeschool laws in your state, but we don't maintain current information about what those laws are or "check up on you" to make sure they are being followed.

Time4Learning is designed to be a "complete" academic curriculum. At your child's grade level, most parents add in some penmanship, arts and crafts, organized sports, Scouting, 4H, free reading, Legos, sandbox play, and so forth.

Your student does the assignments online, and there are tests. These are chapter tests . . . not standardized annual tests like some states require. If your state requires that type of testing for homeschoolers, you would need to locate an independent tester, no matter what curriculum you were using.

With Time4Learning, you have access to your student's report at any time. You can print or view a report that contains just the info you need . . . a specified date range, all subject, just some subjects, only test score, etc.

Until high school, schools usually enroll previously homeschooled students at the grade level that corresponds to their age. Each state has its own homeschool laws. You can usually find these by Googling. You might also want to visit our state forums to connect with other families in your area.

Your student can log in at any time to do the lessons.

I know it can be confusing to get started. Please let us know if you have more questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!