Just joined, what do I do first?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Just joined, what do I do first?

trenathetreehugger is offline Junior Member

Default Just joined, what do I do first?

Hello, mom of kinder and 1st grade boys. I am actually a public school teacher turned stay at home mom. We have been signed up about a week, and they have done several lessons. I am not exactly sure where I need to start...
    1. Do I need to print off a lesson plans or are they just there for me to look at?
    2. Do I just let them start doing the lessons and then I will check their progress and adjust their grade levels?
    3. Are there quizzes and or assessments that will be graded and I will see their grades?
    4. If there are quizzes and assessments are they random, periodic, within the lesson or are they at the end, and are they computer generated or do I created them or decide when to give them?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, trenathetreehugger!

1. The lesson plan within your parent login is actually what you are probably accustomed to calling a scope and sequence.

2. To make a plan, log in to your parent account and click on the Create a Plan button at the lower right. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to use the planner.

3. Yes, there are quizzes and tests. Log in to your parent account and click on your student's name below Student Reports and Information. Then click on Get Student Reports. When you are in there, be sure you are looking beneath the actual Reports tab and hot just the Recent Work tab. From the Reports tab, you can generate a grade report with the criteria you choose.

4. Each subject at each grade level is laid out differently but, in general, quizzes and tests are periodic. Quizzes will appear at the end of lessons and tests will appear at the end of chapters. While the newer lessons incorporate quizzes and tests an an "activity", some of the original lessons place the test or quiz by itself, at the bottom of a page of lesson icons or chapter icons.

I hope this helps get you started. Do some exploring in your parent account, too . . . and, of course, post here with questions.
    trenathetreehugger likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

trenathetreehugger is offline Junior Member

is there a link to help me understand the reports???