Kindergarten Record keeping?
    Tytiahna is offline Junior Member

Default Kindergarten Record keeping?

So we are new to T4L and my kindergartener is enjoying it. In Texas homeschooling seems to have minimal requirements. My question is how are you all keeping records? Where would I find grades and such if I where to make a portfolio consisting of his kindergarten achievements and lessons. Are there any suggestions you all have or something you wish you would have incorporated in the beginning? This is my first official year of homeschooling and I just want to be sure I cover all the basis so that my son gets everything he needs and we avoid bumps in the future when it's time to graduate and attend college. Thanks in advance.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hey there. It's been a long while since my boys were in Kindy, lol, but if I remember correctly, I just printed off their T4L reports monthly, and kept them in a binder with any extras...their art work, pictures of crafts (there wasn't always room to keep everything they made, so we took pictures of it all!), brochures for field trips, etc. That was all I needed. And that was really just for my benefit. I'm in GA and we aren't required to turn anything in. The state says that we are supposed to keep it for so many years, I suppose just in case we are ever questioned.

You can print reports from your parent dashboard, and you can set the parameters for how you want to print them. By subject, weekly/monthly/annually, however you need. There is a little more info about portfolios here: Homeschool Portfolios - Student Record Keeping - Time4Learning

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Thank you so much, here in Texas we aren't required to turn in anything nor meet a certain number of hours of I'm not mistaken. The fact that there are minimal requirements have me paranoid as to where to begin. I don't want to leave anything out that could hinder his future.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You won't. I rely so heavily on Time4Learning's record keeping, and I have always been fine. I know each state is different, but I feel like you should be a-okay if you keep things (or photos of things as in my case) he has worked on and any reports you print from T4L.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Great Thank you