Multiple chances to use the playground?
    Pattyla is offline Junior Member

Default Multiple chances to use the playground?

Is it possible to set it for my child to get multiple 15min visits to the playground? I would like her to be able to use it for periodic brakes but she won't stop herself. I like that the time runs out but I don't like that she then can't earn more time if she works more time. Is there a way to make that possible without my having to do something each time?

Thank you,
    Patty

Robin is offline Senior Member

Hi, Patty - Your child should be able to access the playground again after the lesson time runs down. Is this not happening for you?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pattyla . . . to set playground time, go into your parent account and click on Manage Students/Timer Settings. Choose your student's name from the dropdown menu at the left. Under Minimum Lesson Time, choose the amount of time you want her to have to work on lessons before she can access the playground. Under Maximum Playground Time, choose the maximum amount of time you want her to get to play in the playground before she goes back to her lessons. Click the "Permanently" box and then click Save.

Now your daughter will be required to work for the amount of time you set before she can access the playground. We recommend that she be told to finish the lesson she is working on when the timer runs down before going to the playground. Her playground time won't start until she actually accesses the playground.

Once she accesses the playground, she will be able to play there for the amount of time you set (the fifteen minutes you mentioned, probably) before the playground goes away and she needs to get back to her lessons.

She will then need to work the amount of time you specified on her lessons before she can access the playground again. This will repeat indefinitely. She will be able to visit the playground as many times as she wants, as long as she first spends your specified amount of time on lessons.

Hope this helps!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

It is not working that way. My dd is only getting once to use the playground each day unless I go in and add more playground time.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Pattyla . . . to set playground time, go into your parent account and click on Manage Students/Timer Settings. Choose your student's name from the dropdown menu at the left. Under Minimum Lesson Time, choose the amount of time you want her to have to work on lessons before she can access the playground. Under Maximum Playground Time, choose the maximum amount of time you want her to get to play in the playground before she goes back to her lessons. Click the "Permanently" box and then click Save.

Now your daughter will be required to work for the amount of time you set before she can access the playground. We recommend that she be told to finish the lesson she is working on when the timer runs down before going to the playground. Her playground time won't start until she actually accesses the playground.

Once she accesses the playground, she will be able to play there for the amount of time you set (the fifteen minutes you mentioned, probably) before the playground goes away and she needs to get back to her lessons.

She will then need to work the amount of time you specified on her lessons before she can access the playground again. This will repeat indefinitely. She will be able to visit the playground as many times as she wants, as long as she first spends your specified amount of time on lessons.

Hope this helps!

Blog Entries

Hi, Patty. Are you doing this from your parent account? Are you clicking the "Permanently" button and then clicking "Save"? If so, you might want to give support a call at (888) 771-0914.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

yes I am. I'll call support now that I know how it is supposed to work.

Blog Entries

I'm sure they'll be able to help you get this worked out, since they can log in to your account and see what I can't see.