New here, and I have some questions
    Justnan922 is offline Junior Member

Question New here, and I have some questions

Today is our first day with T4L, and so far my son, Jacob, likes it. My question is, when he makes a low score on a scored learning activity, can he go back and do that one again to bring the score up? I know he knows the answers, but just doesn't know how to work the system yet. I will probably have tons more questions as we go along. Thanks!

Nancy

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Nancy! Welcome to you and your son.

He can repeat quizzes and tests as many times as he likes. The new score won't replace the old score, though. The new score will be averaged in to the total. This is because the program was designed for public school, where there must be somewhat of a penalty for subsequent attempts. Otherwise, a student who achieved a high score on the first try would receive the same grade as a student who tried several times.

There are many ways to calculate a grade average. If you prefer to calculate your son's score differently, feel free to print his reports and alter the total. My kids' reports are covered with my scribbles.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Justnan922 is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome! I have printed out a weekly schedule so we'll know how many lessons he needs to complete in order to finish the first grade studies by a certain date..........is there any way to merge that with his student reports so that it will automatically mark them completed on the schedule?