new to homeschool scotland

Default new to homeschool scotland

Just wondering if there is any other homeschoolers in scotland county. Our 10 yr old son is lonely with no friend to interact and play with?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I hope your son finds friends soon. I think homeschool support groups are as important for the parents as they are for the child. In the US I would suggest going to the library and talking to the children's librarian. Also going to parks, playgrounds, museums, and places like that during the school day. If there are children in those places while school is in session they are probably homeschoolers. Best wishes in finding someone near you.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

mrrogers is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rgalligan View Post
    Just wondering if there is any other homeschoolers in scotland county. Our 10 yr old son is lonely with no friend to interact and play with?
    Rgalligan my daughter who is six years old almost has moments of loneliness, so we enrolled her in Taekwondo. It has helped no end as this sport also teaches discipline. Give it a try

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

That's a great suggestion. Sports are a wonderful way to meet new people. I don't know if you have things like the YMCA or places like that. They usually offer sports teams.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota