New starting in the middle of year
    lmevans21 is offline Junior Member

Question New starting in the middle of year

So we just pulled our 1st and 2nd grader out of public school. I did the activity planner for each child based on what I knew they had done so far and then did a few of the chapter tests to see where I was unsure. I am wondering if anyone has done the second half of school on time4learning and has a outline of what chapters in LA and Math I should have in it. I did not see any 1st grade LA tests so I am having a hard time know what she has done/knows and what she hasnt done yet. Any help would be great. We are in Florida by the way

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New starting in the middle of year

You could have her do the math quizzes first, in the order presented. If she does well on a quiz, she does not need to do the lessons associated with that quiz. If she does not do well on it, she does the associated lessons and tries the quiz again. Or, she would need to do about three first grade math activities per day to complete all of the available first grade math activities in half a traditional school year (90 school days).

For language arts, I would look at the lesson plans/scope and sequence and ask her if she knows each of those letter sounds or concepts listed. It sounds like you might have already found the lesson plans/scope and sequence but, if you have not, just log in to your parent dashboard, click on Resources, and choose Lesson Plans/Scope and Sequence from near the top of the left sidebar. If she isn't already reading well, you could leave out the language arts extensions, but I would probably try to do many of them at some point (maybe next year or just language arts extensions during the summer), because they cover such interesting theme material.

I hope this helps. You can do anything you wish and, in first grade, you have plenty of time to adjust over the coming years. The focus right now is on learning to read well and do basic math calculations. Anything else is extra.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

lmevans21 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: New starting in the middle of year

thank you