Question about Activity calculator
    nheaps01 is offline Junior Member

Default Question about Activity calculator

After using the activity calculator I am left with one question. What is considered an activity? It says that my child needs complete 3 LA activities a day (we are doing 5 days a week). When you go to LA for first grade you have, what I would call, 13 units. Each of those units has 5 to 6 lessons (at least that's how I'd categorize them). Each lesson in the unit has multiple activities for the child to complete. When it says 3 activities is it referring to the ones within the lessons or is it referring to 3 lessons? Or 3 units (which I highly doubt). This is probably a really obvious questions, so thank you in advanced for helping me out. I want to make sure we are making the most of our time as well and not going through the lessons too quickly. My child could be on here working all day if I would let her!

nheaps01 is offline Junior Member

I am pretty sure that I just found the answer to my own question when I went to the lesson plans option. The activities are in fact the items inside each lesson. Just wanted to make sure that it didn't mean 3 lessons in 1 day.

https://www.time4learning.com/App/Admin/LessonPlans/LessonPlans_Detail.aspx?sID=3&gID=4

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Your research paid off! You are correct.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

erin0929 is offline Junior Member

Hi Kelly, I am having trouble with the Activity Planner as well. This week it has come to my attention that there are missing sections of chapters in my son's 5th grade math. I have compared each missing section with his activity planner and they simply aren't on there. Since the planner calculates how many activities he should be doing per week, based on the number of activities listed, I'm afraid to learn how far behind he is going to be since the calculation would be wrong. Can you help me figure out how to address this matter? Thank you!!
    ~Erin

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Erin, did you make his plan before the update a few weeks ago? New lessons were added at that time. You can make a new plan or continue on with your old plan and ignore the new lessons. You will be fine if you do not include the new lessons. It's sort of like not running out and buying a new textbook every time the publisher edits it. With an online curriculum, though, at least you have the option.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

erin0929 is offline Junior Member

Hi Kelly, I guess it depends on when the update occurred. I created a new Activity Planner at the end of his Christmas break to reflect a 2 week break versus the one week break I originally scheduled.

So if he sticks with the current plan, will he still get all the same concepts that it appears he is missing? For example, the chapters and lessons that are not on his current plan are about fractions and decimals. He needs to have that, will it still be covered by the previous edition? Or was that covered in 6th grade in the previous edition?
    ~Erin