Reading...Reading... Reading
    bbooth is offline Member

Default Reading...Reading... Reading

I have to wonder why there is sooooo much reading in Science and Social Studies instead of having it animated like much of the other subjects? I cannot see a third grader retaining all of this information at once.

I help my daughter take notes, but still feel that it is just a bit extreme for 3rd/4th grades to have so much information to cover. Not to mention it dives right in to major reading instead of easing a child into it.

Just confused!
    Last edited by bbooth; 11-14-2014 at 02:39 AM.
    ​~teaching my girl~

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You are right in that third grade has a lot more reading. Taking notes is a good way to work through this. Also repeating lessons. Science and Social Studies are more like gifts rather than the actual curriculum. Time4Learning's main focus is on language and math. I don't know if this is why there is so much more reading or not. There are not as many lessons so you can break them up into smaller segments.

If your child is having trouble with all the reading you might want to look into a text to speech program. I did this with my son. We used Natural Reader which was free. It helped him a lot.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

bbooth is offline Member

Thanks Kathi. I will check into Natural Reader