Reading and writing supplements
    Dahlia78 is offline Junior Member

Default Reading and writing supplements

Hello,
    I am all new to home schooling and time4learning. Was wondering if someone can recommend me some offline or online supplements for reading and writing for K and 2nd grade.

There is this website greatschools.org they have plenty of free work sheets for watever. Haven't tried it though!

Any feed back is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Dahlia

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Dahlia. If it were my son I would supplement with some spelling words or dictation. A great place for these is Spelling City.com. We use it a lot. When my son was in those young grades I bought handwriting workbooks from Kumon and from Handwriting Without Tears. For us it was Handwriting with many many tears so I gave up on it. He does well on a keyboard so I have come to just accept that.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Hi Kathi

Thanks for replying ! I have checked out spelling city but not sure how to use it yet! I guess after your experience with handwriting workbooks I will just stick to time4learning and spelling city (when I figure out how it works)

Blog Entries

There are lots of fun games on Spelling City that make it seem like you're just having fun and not really learning. But you are learning. There are also dictation list and spelling lists that you can use.

But how you can import the spelling list! I checked the spelling list for K and 2nd grade and they were so long! How can I import it to make sure it covers the whole list!
    I have no clue actually of how to do this :/
    Also do you think registering as a premium member better than the free version?

Blog Entries

Here is the link to FAQ. It should answer most of your questions. There is a chart on the first page of Spelling City that tells the differences between regular and premium membership. This will help you choose which program to use.

Thanks Kathi! I already registered for the premium membership. I found a lot of spelling lists for 2nd grade I am so confused which to use!!
    Also there is the T4L spelling list which seems to be sooooo long. Should I Import it or just use spelling city lists!

Thanks,
    Dahlia