Science4Us

Thread: Science4Us

kathylleon is offline Junior Member

Default Science4Us

Hello =)

We are new to T4L, we are in our 4th week. I have a Kinder that I'm just started to look at the Science4Us option. Can someone tell me how to navigate that area. It doesn't look like his regular platform so I'm not sure where to start. Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Science4Us

Hi, Kathy. Just click on the Science4Us icon, choose a "science book" to start with, and keep clicking on the first (or only) icon on each screen until you get to something to do. Each of those little activity icons will receive a check mark when it has been completed, so you can keep track of what has been done.

Each book represents a different area of science. Scientific Inquiry explains about the scientific method and how tools, measurements, recordkeeping, and such work. Physical Science is beginning physics and chemistry. Life Science is biology, and Earth/Space Science is just that . . . about the earth and space!

My personal recommendation is to being with Scientific Inquiry, because that does cover some basic things.

If you want to use some of the offline activities (worksheets and other ideas), you can find them by logging in to your parent account and clicking on Resources, then Lesson Plans/Scope and Sequence in the left sidebar. Look in the Science4Us column on the chart and click where it says "92 Activities" in the Kindergarten row. That will take you to a list of activities with their associated offline work (which is optional . . . pick and choose what sounds interesting or necessary for your student).

Lastly, when you log in to Science4Us from your student's account, you will see four little videos at the lower right that are for parents or teachers. They help you get an idea of how it works.

If Science4Us is too challenging for your student just yet, you might use some of the science-based preschool units instead (such as color mixing, pets, outer space, oceans, and so forth).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

kathylleon is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Science4Us

Thanks! This helps a lot.