Spelling words - Second grade
    Dayna Dunigan-Breen is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Spelling words - Second grade

Perhaps I am missing something but I found a list - rather lengthy of Vocabulary words for 2nd grade...but not finding any mention of when to use them, how to use them, where they are tested on these, how many she should be learning each week, etc. I just have the list. Is there some guide on how to incorporate this into the program? Are they tested on these in the program anywhere? If not, how are others utilizing this list and testing your kiddos on it?

Thanks in Advance!

Dayna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The list you are referring to is meant to be used by those who prefer a different spelling instruction method. Time4Learning emphasizes phonics and reading through third grade. There are no specific "spelling" lessons until fourth grade. The theory is that students need to be reading well before tackling formal spelling lessons.

Here is some info about Time4Learning and spelling.

Many parents use the spelling lists you referred to on Spelling City, or with their own program.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

loveHSedu is offline Junior Member

Hi! Every class I list 10 vocab words. My daughter looks up their definitions, writes words in sentences and picks a word for show and tell. At the end of the week written or oral tests is given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayna Dunigan-Breen View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something but I found a list - rather lengthy of Vocabulary words for 2nd grade...but not finding any mention of when to use them, how to use them, where they are tested on these, how many she should be learning each week, etc. I just have the list. Is there some guide on how to incorporate this into the program? Are they tested on these in the program anywhere? If not, how are others utilizing this list and testing your kiddos on it?

Thanks in Advance!

Dayna
    "Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first time or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory." -Betty Smith