Supporting Books & Supplies?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Supporting Books & Supplies?

BubblesAndSqueaks is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Supporting Books & Supplies?

We are considering t4l for students grades k-3 but will not consistently be in the USA while using the program. is there a list of books we will need to obtain in order for our children to participate in the online tasks or is all of the reading material included digitally or for printing to be read offline? I am unable to determine that from the demos I have watched so far. Since we won't regularly be accessing an American library, i am thinking we need to calculate our book budget when determining the overall cost of the program.

Also, is there a supplies list related to math work or science projects for K-3? We have some basic tools likegeoboards,shapes, rulers, clocks, magnifying glasses, microscope, but I am unclearhow indepth the science is for these gradesor which other tools we should organize while we are convenient...toAmazon shipping.

please... forgive the weird spacing andrun-on words ... trialing Puffin browser for the firsttime andour tablet keyboard seems to have a conflictwhile in thisbrowser. TIA!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

For grade K, all of the reading material is included digitally, with the option to print the little readers if your student wants "a book to hold". For third grade, there is a book list within your parent login. There are not very many lessons that require books. They are the older lessons within the language arts extensions, and I have found my kids have done well by choosing just one of these book units to complete during the school year.

There is a supplies list for third grade science within your parent login. Kindergarten science is integrated within their language arts extensions. Each language unit is based on a science or social studies topic (outer space, Pioneers, nutrition, Community Helpers, etc.). The first lesson in that unit teaches all about the topic and there are little sneaky references to that subject within the language lesson in that unit. You can also get a jump start on the first grade science lessons, if you like. I had my kids do the first grade science lessons in K, 1, and 2! They are very fun animated lessons . . . no supplies necessary.

For math, if the student needs something like a ruler, one is provided online that the student can drag around with their mouse and measure things. Most math lessons include an online "math toolbox" with this type of item.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!