Is there a way for my kids to test "past" some lessons
    throughthenarrowgate is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Is there a way for my kids to test "past" some lessons

We are new to this program. We are half way through our school year already and would like to start this program at the midpoint...

Any suggestions?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

A lot of people will start the program by having their kids just do the quizzes. If their student passes the quiz with a satisfactory grade they move on to the next lesson. There is nothing wrong with this. There are some lessons that you have to do the lesson in order to pass the test. This would be a lesson where a story is read and the test questions are based on the story. If you have not read the story you would not be able to answer the questions. If you took a test that keeps referring back to the lesson, just stop the test before you hit completed. No grade will be recorded for that test. Once you hit completed the grade is recorded. However you can take the test over again if you want to. One of the greatest things about this program is the flexibility. You can do whatever you need to do to help your children. If your child already knows the material feel free to skip it. If they have trouble with something you can go back over it again and again until they understand the concept. My son has done both of these with different lessons.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

KLD99 is offline Junior Member

My daughter is ahead of her grade level in several subjects, so we set her at a higher grade level for those subjects and skipped all the lessons and quizzes at the lower grade level. If your child already knows the material, it doesn't make sense to have them re-learn it all over again.

Blog Entries

Flexibility is one of the greatest thing about time4learning. At one time my son was in three different grade levels. I love that you can fit the program to your child and not the other way around. Do whatever is best for your child.

khipson is offline Junior Member Newbie

This is a feature I am looking for as well. The kids use their weekly schedule and check lessons as "done" - if they already know the material and can get 100% on the quiz, then I allow them to skip the lessons and just mark them as done.

However, I have noticed that checking an item as "done" does not move the green indicator arrow on the student's dashboard. When they log in to do their work, the green arrow is still sitting there on a section that they finished two days earlier.

It would be nice if the student checking "done" would register the lesson as completed and move the arrow along to keep up, OR even better would be if the parent could log in and acknowledge completed work, and that doing so would update the system.

Thanks for a great program - we are doing a one-month trial to see if it is a good fit and so far both the kids love it.

Blog Entries

I am so glad that you are liking the program so far. We have used it for 6 years now and still love it. It would be nice if you could mark those lessons as done. I don't know of a way to do it at this point. If they take the chapter quiz and pass it, the program will mark that chapter as mastered.