Are they done??

Thread: Are they done??

Bmeeks8812 is offline Junior Member

Default Are they done??

I have been homeschooling my two children, my son in second and my daughter is in first grade. My son just completed all assignments in second grade and my daughter will be finished with first grade today. I was wondering if I just move them up into the next grade to finish the school year. We plan to enroll them back into public school in the fall, so I was wondering how long should I continue Time 4 learning before giving them their summer break?? Also, what is it that I will need to print off to show the school next year that they have completed these grades? Thank you for you help.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

When homeschooling, the parent is the teacher of record. That means you get to decide whether you want your children to be finished with their school year, or to advance to the next grade level. Another option is to have them go back and repeat some things they particularly enjoyed or had difficulty with.

Since Time4Learning is aligned with all state standards, they should be academically ready to transition to public school if they did well with their Time4Learning curriculum. At your children's grade levels, the school will likely just enroll them at the grade level that corresponds with their age. You may not "have" to provide the school with anything, but it can be to your children's advantage for the school to have as much information as possible if they do ask. It could be DISadvantageous, too, so be sure you are legally required to provide the info they are asking for if you have any doubts. (Each state's homeschool laws are different.)

You can print a nice overview of your child's school year by going into your parent account and printing a report for the whole school year. I might choose the option of printing one report for each subject, instead of a combined report. You can include any worksheets you've saved, if you like. Some of the completed quizzes and tests are printable right from the report, too.

Enjoy your summer!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Bmeeks8812 is offline Junior Member

Thank you for your help! We really enjoyed Time4Learning!