Work sheets

Thread: Work sheets

Default Work sheets

Hello!

I am homeschooling my first grader, and was wondering if anyone uses ONLY the online curriculum? I like the idea of the added worksheets, so my son can practice his penmanship and it's more practice, but he FIGHTS doing them.

Thank you in advance for any input.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sure. That's pretty common. In fact, if you use the activity planner, you will see that you have the option of leaving the worksheets off the plan.

For my kids, I've generally only used the worksheets if they needed extra practice with something. I think a first grader should do a little penmanship practice, but fine motor skills are often not developed enough to do a lot of writing without tiring those hand muscles. I always figured, if they can tell me what letter that picture on the worksheet begins with . . . why do they have to circle it, or write the word?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Connie Gray Stevens is offline Junior Member

I use T4L for our basic program. I add worksheets, art, music and other subjects as we go. We also write a short essay and write out spelling words, will do more when mine is older. There is a lot of free material out there, google some of the homeschool blogs. They always have links to other's too.