do i just make up "private school" name?
    McDanielMomOf3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question do i just make up "private school" name?

So i need to enroll as a Registered NonPublic School (not seeking state approval) but i'm supposed to include " The Name of My school"...?? am i just supposed to make up a name for My school? Is there guidelines? can it be anything?...so confused by this. lol

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: do i just make up "private school" name?

Hi! Welcome to the Time4Learning parent forum!

I'm not in Louisiana. I'm just a homeschool mom who has a great interest in all of the various states' homeschool laws, because they are all so different. In states that consider homeschooling to be "private school" and require a name for your school, you can choose any name you wish (as long as there isn't another private school by that exact name). I suppose if you tried to use something really inappropriate, someone might say something, but I'm not aware of any laws to that effect.

Ideas might be Jones Academy, Smith Private School, John Doe Elementary, etc. We aren't required to name our school in my state, but I did it for fun. Our last name is Stone, and I thought "hearth" sounded home-y, so we have been Hearthstone Academy since 1996!

Good luck coming up with a name that represents YOU!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!