Done With Schooling
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    canelo is offline Junior Member

Default Done With Schooling

Hi my son recently turned 18 and he wants to be done with schooling do we legally have to continue to renew our application or can we just not renew the application once it comes time to do so since he is now 18 years old. By the way we use the private school or second option. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Done With Schooling

Hi,

I am unsure what the laws are in your state. I just wanted to stop by and say hi until someone came through and answered your question.

You could always try asking this same question in the high school forum????
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, canelo. Here are Louisiana's compulsory education laws. I'm not an attorney or a Louisiana resident, but I can't imagine that you would be required to continue to register since, at 18, he is no longer required to attend school. Do check with your school district to be sure, though.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi, canelo. Here are Louisiana's compulsory education laws. I'm not an attorney or a Louisiana resident, but I can't imagine that you would be required to continue to register since, at 18, he is no longer required to attend school. Do check with your school district to be sure, though.
    Hi thanks for your reply, This is what i had thought as well just wanted to make sure we were understanding the laws correctly. Hoping for some more input on this question.

Hi thanks for the reply and help just wanted to make sure and get opinions of others, Hoping for more input on the question.

Unregistered Guest

Hi thank you so much for the help, We were thinking of moving to Texas and We wanted to make sure we know the education laws over there as well. According to this site Texas Compulsory Education Laws - FindLaw you have to attend until 18 years old but when i went on Wikipedia it said that you have to attend until 19 years old. So i googled around some more and found that people were giving me both answers 18 and 19 so i was wondering is the site up to date? Do you know if it is 18 or 19 in Texas? Thanks

Thanks for the help and sorry for posting so much but i forgot to login. We were thinking of moving to Texas and according to the site you linked me you have to attend until 18 years old same as Louisiana, but when i went on Wikipedia it said that in Texas you have to attend school until 19 years old. So im not sure which one is correct. Is it just a mistake on Wikipedias part? Thank you so much for the help.

Blog Entries

Hi, canelo! I was curious, so I looked at Wikipedia and couldn't find any reference to age 19. I wasn't sure which article you were looking at, though. Wikipedia is edited by anyone who wants to, so it wouldn't be unusual for there to be an error.

Regardless, your best source of information for this type of thing is your school district. There's a lot at stake if you don't follow the laws, and we're just a bunch of homeschooling parents who can only guess at what the Wikipedia article meant. It sounds like most of us are thinking the logical age when compulsory education ends is 18, but we can't be any more "sure" of that than you are.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks hearthstone, this was the place where it says it is 19 maybe it is a mistake im not sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raisin...ol_leaving_age

Blog Entries

That is really odd. Texas seems to have been specifically separated out in the Wikipedia article, but virtually everything else online says 18. Please let us know if you find out why that might be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast