LAA 1 & LAA 2 (Special Needs Students)
    Buddy0811 Guest

Default LAA 1 & LAA 2 (Special Needs Students)

Hello everyone! Newbie here! Please allow me to thank you in advance for your time & consideration on reading my post.

I have been homeschooling my 12 year old special needs son for almost 2 years now. He is technically on many different grade levels ranging from 3rd grade to 6th grade, depending on the subject . . .
    and his mood! (:^D

We are expecting to move to Louisiana in the very near future so I've been attempting to familiarize myself with the states laws, tests & testing procedures.

I have found a wealth of information on LAA 1 & LAA 2 tests and I know that this is the test my son would require as opposed to the standard LEAP exam.

However, I cannot seem to find any information on how a homeschooled student can receive these tests.

Any & all information will be greatly appreciated!

Once again, thank you so very much!

Unregistered Guest

Default i live in louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy0811 View Post
    Hello everyone! Newbie here! Please allow me to thank you in advance for your time & consideration on reading my post.

I have been homeschooling my 12 year old special needs son for almost 2 years now. He is technically on many different grade levels ranging from 3rd grade to 6th grade, depending on the subject . . .
    and his mood! (:^D

We are expecting to move to Louisiana in the very near future so I've been attempting to familiarize myself with the states laws, tests & testing procedures.

I have found a wealth of information on LAA 1 & LAA 2 tests and I know that this is the test my son would require as opposed to the standard LEAP exam.

However, I cannot seem to find any information on how a homeschooled student can receive these tests.

Any & all information will be greatly appreciated!

Once again, thank you so very much!
    Home Study (Home School) Program - Louisiana Department of Education this site what louisiana requires, i found it because i'm look to put my child in a homeschool program.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome to Time4Learning! If you plan to continue to homeschool when you move to Louisiana then your son is not required to take the LEAP, or alternative standardized tests.
    There are two options for homeschooling in Louisiana, the first is the home study program, and with this option the state will have more say in your child's education. You will also have more choices for special assistance.
    The second option is to notify the state that you are a private school, operating fof 180 days, and have x number of students. You will then be a private school, not seeking accreditation, and will not have to answer to the state in any other form. This is the one I used, and the one most people I know who homeschool in Louisiana use. I will admit that I do not have a special needs child, and so I am not familiar with the type of assistance the public school system can offer you.
    I'm not sure I answered any of the questions you posed, but if I didn't please ask again and I will try to be more specific.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!