looking for families in the Thibodaux area
    Pyxiedreams Guest

Talking looking for families in the Thibodaux area

I'm just interested if there were other families out here looking to make playtime for my 9 year old daughter.

mcpal Guest

we are new to homeschooling and are in the Houma area, my daughter will be 9 at the end of August

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome to both of you! I hope that you can find a local group of homeschoolers for play dates and park days. Check with your local libraries to see if they know of a homeschool group in your area. Again, welcome!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

VCarter is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'm in Morgan City. It's not too far away and we go to Houma/Thibodaux a lot. I have a son that is 9 and daughters that are 8, 7, and 3. This is our first year too!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome! We are glad to have you here. Hopefully you can meet up with others locally for fieldtrips and play dates. Have you check for homeschool groups through someplace like Yahoo groups or Google groups? Sometimes local groups have an online presence and you can connect locally through these groups. I hope that helps!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

supermom22 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I live in Thibodaux, my son is 11, and we belong to an awesome homeschool group called Houma Homeschoolers. We have monthly activities (Lego class, Yoga, Chick-fil-a playdate, etc.) We also do lots of great field trips. Look us up on Facebook.

Cherie