Moving to another city the end of April- Can I homeschool until the end of the year?
    jewleyp is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Moving to another city the end of April- Can I homeschool until the end of the year?

Due to economic reasons we are going to have to pull my 4th grade daughter out of private school and move in with family in another city the last week of april. Is it too late to even apply to be my own school? She would have been out of school on May 24th.
    I am worried about final grades for the last 6 weeks in case we decide not to homeschool next year.

Any advice would be welcome!
    Thanks !

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

You should be able to homeschool for the remainder of the year, if that is your wish. Have you considered just registering her at the local public school in the city you are moving to, for the last weeks of the school year?
    If you think that homeschooling is the right idea for your daughter, then contact the DOE, and send them the letter stating that you are a private school. I believe that would be the easiest method. Homeschooling is really very easy in Louisiana, so it should not be a problem.

Let me know if you have other questions, and welcome to Time4Learning!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

jewleyp is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you for your quick response! I am checking into both options but wanted to get the letter sent off to the DOE as soon as possible should this be a valid choice. It makes me feel better knowing I have an alternative with Time for Learning if needed.