Overwhelmed! Am i doing this right? Is t4l a sbese approved program?

Exclamation Overwhelmed! Am i doing this right? Is t4l a sbese approved program?

I decided to home school my daughter because she was having difficulty starting 8th grade as a "new kid" who didn't know anyone, as we have recently moved to Lafayette this summer.

I have no idea what I am doing, as I've never attempted this! I want to make sure that my daughter will be able to be promoted to 9th grade. What should I be doing to ensure that there won't be any problems when it is time for her to advance to high school next summer. How do I give the state her grades and all that is necessary for her to be acknowledged as passing 8th grade?

Does Louisiana acknowledge Time 4 Learning as acceptable curriculum for home schooling? Is it accredited? I'm so confused!!!

Please help me.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Overwhelmed! Am i doing this right? Is t4l a sbese approved program?

Hi Michelle, and welcome to the boards here.

Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school, so it's not accredited. Having said that, we have MANY families from LA that use the curriculum.

Here is a little more information about homeschooling in Louisiana.

Since you want to re-enroll her in the school system for 9th grade, I would definitely double check with your school board what they will want from you when you re-enroll her, so you know what you'll have to do the rest of this year.

Good luck! Please feel free to answer any questions that you have, on any of the boards here!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

mrsdawncore is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Overwhelmed! Am i doing this right? Is t4l a sbese approved program?

Hi,
    I am also wondering how to send BESE the curriculum from T4L. I have done the private "not seeking approval" application, but not the "seeking approval" application. Do we have to show the curriculum for the entire year? Or can we simply test at the end of the year to show the student's knowledge?
    Thanks,
    Dawn

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm not in La, so don't take this as fact, lol...

According to this La homeschooling info I found, it looks like you have to apply for approval annually. There are some guidelines to follow. Louisiana Homeschooling Laws - Homeschool Legally in LA

Many Time4Learning families have to get approval from their state, and they use the grade level curriculum overview. You just print it out and submit it. https://www.time4learning.com/educat...overview.shtml

Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!