Stationed overseas now, how do i register with lousiana state (vernon parish)
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    mama_in_boots is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Exclamation Stationed overseas now, how do i register with lousiana state (vernon parish)

    What steps do I need to register with the State of Louisiana from Germany. Do I have to register with the State? We are currently here, my children are disenrolled from public school here, are we good to go? We are already registered here through time4learning and I sent that to the School Liason here in Germany. Please help?


  2. #2
    MamaToHerRoo's Avatar
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009


    Mama, you will need to register with the state of Louisiana. There are two options to register, either the Option 1, which is home study program, or Option 2 (harder to find on the La Dept of Ed website, but the option does still exist) which is becoming your own private school. Either one is just a letter, though the contents of the letter might differ a bit. I'm not sure how to handle the end of this school year, since it will end in about 3 weeks or so depending on the parish. If you are military, let me point you toward the Military Forum. The people over there will have more experience with moving during school years and how to handle that. I hope this helps. If you need more info please post again and we will try to get you more specifics.
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts