Thinking of Home Schooling my 8yr old son
    tigergirl Guest

Default Thinking of Home Schooling my 8yr old son

My 8yr has been enrolled in a private Catholic school since PK 3. I'm thinking of home schooling because the school he attends does not accommodate his reading deficiency. What action would I need to take to get him enrolled in a program.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

If you are looking to homeschool in Louisiana it is really easy. You have two options, to register with the state as a private school or to register as a home study program through the department of education. Most people I know use the private school option because there is less oversite from the state. That method is the one I use, and it is easy. Send a letter to the board of Education stating that you are a private school (pick a name) that your total enrollment is (the number of children you have that will be homeschooled) and that your school year is beginning on (give a date) and that you will run the school for 180 days (number of days required by the state). You are not asking for approval, you are stating that the private school (homeschool) will be opening its doors. Then, choose your curriculum, Time4Learning is a great one, and I have been using it for five years. It is cost effective, and more than meets the state standards, not only that, but it is fun, colorful, and student paced.
    If you have any other questions, I would be happy to try and answer them for you.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

tigergirl Guest

Thanks!

I've decided to do it and leaning towards Time 4 Learning!

Tigergirl,
    This is great! You will find that the stress of keeping records and planning lessons will be greatly reduced because Time4Learning handles that for you.
    Let us know when you get started, and how it is working for you!
    Linda

tigergirl Guest

Just signed up!!! Looking forward to starting soon!

Tigergirl,
    Just let us know how things are going, and if you have any questions, ok?

Merry Christmas!
    Linda