Urgent! How to register to state of louisiana??
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaToHerRoo

Thread: Urgent! How to register to state of louisiana??

mama_in_boots is offline Junior Member Newbie

Exclamation Urgent! How to register to state of louisiana??

Can anyone send me information on who or where and how I can register homeschool to the State of Louisiana for my children, thanks

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Mama in Boots, which option do you want to use, Opt 1, homestudy, or Opt 2 private school not seeking accreditation? Most people I know in Louisiana use Opt 2 for elementary and middle school and switch to Opt 1 for high school. If you are looking at opt 2, you simply send a letter to Dept of Education stating that you are a private school not seeking accreditation (or approval), how many students will be enrolled in your private school, how many days your school will operate, and that is pretty much it. The homestudy program is a little more complicated, but not much, Louisiana is pretty homeschooler friendly. I hope this helps, if you need more specifics please let me know. Good luck!
    Renea1 likes this.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Renea1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you, Linda! I just registered my kids. I had no idea about the Option 2. They want testing results for that option though. My children don't have results from present school. I hope that homeschooling is easier than what I have been through to get them in. I have been fooling with the public "free" home school for months trying to get them accepted.
    Renee