What do i do after 8th grade
    smmr_brze75@yahoo.com is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default What do i do after 8th grade

My daughter is in eigth grade. I am homeschooling through time4lraning and I love the way it is set up,but what about next year..Is there any other websites set up like this that I can use next year???

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

That is the million dollar question. I have been in search of that answer myself. My daughter is in 6th grade, so we still have a little time to decide on something, but I understand the need to find something that will work as well as T4L has worked. We have many options in homeschooling in Louisiana, however, I have only run across one place that has an online curriculum similar to Time4Learning for high school students. It is offered through a school, and looks a lot like T4L though they are not affiliated with each other. (If you private message me, I will send you the link for that...don't really want to advertise for them ) Many people in Louisana opt for the IEP through the public high school because it makes your child more easily qualified for TOPS scholarships. It is the basic text book based education offered by public school. Other parents opt for the Virtual academy which are basically public school as well.
    I know that this is not the answer you wanted if you love T4L as much as I do, and believe me I am on active search for our next step, so if I come across something good I will try to share it!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

pccrawf98 Guest

Default What do we do after 8th grade?

I am looking for something for highschool similar to T4L. Has anyone found anything?

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

At this point I have not found any thing that works like Time4Learning. We intend to use some of Khan academy for sciences and math, and are thinking about using the Time4Writing courses for high school English. We will continue using Spelling City for vocabulary because we can enter our own lists, so I think we can get as advanced as necessary. I hope that helps.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!