What do you like best about homeschooling in Louisiana?
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default What do you like best about homeschooling in Louisiana?

Ok, I can tell you that I don't have experience homeschooling anywhere else so, I have nothing to compare it to. However, we hope to retire to the family farm in another state and wow, their rules about homeschooling are really difficult. So, I guess what I can say that I like most about homeschooling in Louisiana is that there are very few rules and regulations to comply with. The state doesn't demand a portfolio, they don't demand testing, they do not demand that I record every moment of every day to qualify it as an official school day. I don't have to check with them about my curriculum choices.
    In essence, it is very easy to homeschool in Louisiana. Because of that we have to be very careful. We have to be responsible, and make sure our children actually do get educated. There are not a lot of points where they check up on us. Louisiana is very homeschooler friendly for the most part. We just have to remember to always be more prepared than they demand, keep better records, make sure the children are hitting the milestones.

So, I'm opening it up. What is your favorite thing about homeschooling in Louisiana? Did you have other experiences in other states with homeschooling? Do you wish the state was more hands on? Are you glad they are not? Do you like having all the responsibility? I would love to hear your input. Don't be shy!! Please share with us!

Linda
    T4L State Rep-Louisiana
    Board Moderator
    Homeschooler of a 9y/o daughter
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default Re: What do you like best about homeschooling in Louisiana?

Ok, or maybe, what is your least favorite thing? OR the hardest thing? The dumbest thing? Anything?
    Jump right in!

Linda
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!