What do you plan to keep/change next year??
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default What do you plan to keep/change next year??

Ok, I was going to save this post until later in the month...but I seem to be on a roll. Additionally, one family's change might help another .
    What worked for you this year as far as homeschooling went? What didn't work? What do you plan to change in the coming year?

My keeper and my changer are the same. Odd, right? Not really. I am keeping our participation in the local homeschool group. My daughter needs it and so do I. We will still meet for Park Day, field trips and activities. What is changing is the day. We were meeting on Tuesdays, and many in the group found that if felt like there were two Mondays each week. The Monday after Sunday and the "Monday" after Tuesday. You see, getting started in school after the weekend was hard, but then taking a day off immediately (Tuesday) meant that we were hitting the same resistance to settling into school work in some of the kids on Wednesday that we had hit on Monday. We are changing our meeting day to Mondays...hopefully that means we get an uninterrupted schooling week. I don't know about you , but one Monday a week is about all I can handle!!
    Sooo, what worked, what didn't work, what are you keeping, what are you changing?? Weigh in!! You might just be helping someone else out with your suggestions!

Linda
    T4L LA State Rep
    Board Moderator...and...
    Homeschooler of one!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

karenstafford is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: What do you plan to keep/change next year??

Change will come in another son graduating. My homeschool will be shrinking from five to three children.
    Curriculum to keep is my DIVE science program. We have always used the DIVE math cd's with Saxon, but Dr. Shorman has outdone himself with the new science cds. They can be used in conjunction with your Apologia, but they are a wonderful tool for college preparation. My daughter now loves Biology!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default Re: What do you plan to keep/change next year??

Karen,
    You will not even know what to do with the extra time! All joking aside, congrats on your successful homeschooling and the graduation of another son. You are an inspiration to those of us who see graduation down a long tunnel (8 more years in my case!)
    Keep up the good work and feel free to share some of your secrets to success.

Linda
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!