Are you in for six months, or 12 years?
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default Are you in for six months, or 12 years?

Ok, so tell me, how long are you in for? Are you a lifer?

What I should really ask is, how long do you plan to homeschool?
    Are you only doing it as a temporary stop gap until you move to another state/district?
    Elementary school only? Plan to homeschool through middle school?
    In for the long haul, through high school and beyond?
    Maybe you just don't know and are taking one day at a time.
    We would love to hear how long you plan to homeschool, why and how you came to that decision.
    Come on, give us a post!!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

the4jenkins is offline Junior Member

I started homeschooling my 1st grader due to frequent hospitalizations last year and decided to continue this year. We were using a different curriculum, but switched mid-year to T4L and LOVE it. My 5th grader became sick this year and was out of her private catholic school for 7 weeks and became totally overwhelmed when she went back. We decided to keep her home and start her on T4L and she loves it too. I'm hoping to homeschool them both through 8th grade.

I'm sorry that you had to decide to homeschool because of illnesses. I hope you do get the chance to homeschool them through 8th grade. I keep hoping that T4L is going to come up with something so that we can continue after 8th grade. I am very concerned about sending my child to public high school. I am so glad that your children are loving T4L, and I will tell you that if you complete the grade curriculum for a year with Time4Learning that your child will have covered more information than she would have in public school. Because of the amount of time the school spend teaching to the tests, they don't cover much else. Then after the tests in March, it is like a long down hill slide to the end of the year. I don't know how it compares to the education in a private catholic school, but I'm pretty sure it is comperable.
    Glad to hear from you, and don't hesitate to post again!!

Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...
    Homeschooler of 1 child for 4 years with Time4Learning~!

adria2328 is offline Senior Member

We are in it for the long haul. Unless the student to teacher ratio drops drastically, or the bullying, fighting and standardized tests magically disappear....we are here to stay!!!! :0)
    Adria
    Mommy of 4
    Bryanna 13
    Ralphy 7
    Coleman 5
    GraceAnn 3

I hear you, Adria! I never wanted to homeschool, but now I never want to do anything else. And you certainly can't beat that student/teacher ration!

Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...

Rare Treasures is offline Junior Member

I'm mostly taking it year to year. I will pray every year about what to do. As for now, I feel we're in it for the long haul. All the way through!
    Mama to 3 girls: , , and

You know...sometimes day to day is all I can promise! The plan is to go all the way through high school. But there are some days...I'm telling you...I just have to say...ok, tomorrow will be better.

It's good to have your here, and thanks for commenting!

Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...