course study

Thread: course study

Unregistered Guest

Default course study

Hi. I am looking for a list of what is needed to know for each grade level. I found a typical course study on the World Book website but is there one specifically for the state of Maine? I am particulary looking for grades K thru 2nd. Also, is there a way to find out what Maine schools are using for a curriculum in these grades? I am curious as to what they use just to be sure my daughter is learning what she needs to be learning by Maine's requirements. Thanks.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

According to Maine law, a child needs "175 days annually of instruction. Instruction in the following subject areas: English and language arts, math, science, social studies, physical education, health education, library skills, fine arts, and in at least one grade from grade 6-12, Maine studies. At one grade level from grade 7 to 12, the student will demonstrate proficiency in the use of computers." It looks like you would be able to borrow the actual textbooks that the school is using provided they have enough books to loan out. I don't know of any other specific lists as to what a child in Maine needs to know each year. There is a series of books called "What Your Child Needs to Know in Kindergarden" "First Grade" and on up. I think you can find those lists online. Good luck in your journey. Homeschooling is a wonderful adventure.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota