New to homeschooling in Maine
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lindsay Kelley-Vanderpoel
  • 1 Post By Unregistered
  • 1 Post By cassisbeloved

Thread: New to homeschooling in Maine

Lindsay Kelley-Vanderpoel is offline Junior Member Newbie

Lightbulb New to homeschooling in Maine

My family was approved about 7 weeks ago to homeschool our 10 year old daughter in Massachusetts. A few weeks later we relocated to the Old Orchard Beach, Maine area. I was shocked how much easier it was to get approved here. It was less of a process needless to say. Now that we are moving along in our studies and have started to get into a grove I am looking to connect with others who are doing the same thing in our area. I would be interested in learning about your experience in homeschooling and sharing ideas. Hopefully you won't mind a few questions. If you are a newbie like myself that is even better. Why not figure this out together?
    bailbrae likes this.

Unregistered Guest

Default Welcome!

Check out homeschoolersofmaine.org
    Homeschoolers of Maine offers lots of support to homeschoolers. They also offer many opportunities for encouragement and information. You can find a list of support groups and regional leaders that will come alongside and walk with you. Also, there are many events and field trips listed on their website that you may be interested in attending. One upcoming event is a homeschool roller skating session (with Christian music) on Friday, May 2nd. from 1 - 3 pm at Happy Wheels Skate Center in Portland. The cost is just $4 per skater and includes rentals. You can find more information about this and other events on the website listed above. If you take the turnpike to the Riverside exit in Westbrook you can get there in aprox. 20 min. It's a great, informal place to connect with other moms and children who are also homeschooling. <*((((((>
    bailbrae likes this.

Default Re: New to homeschooling in Maine

Hi I am new to Home Schooling in Maine too. We just started a week ago. Both my first grader and second grader have immune deficiencies. They catch everything that goes through the school. So we are going to give this a try. Honestly this happened quickly, so I feel pressure to not fall behind , but I have had very little time to prepare. Definitely can use some encouragement. Very thankful for the affordability and convenience of this program.
    gennyfer likes this.