1st Ever Portfolio Review in PG County
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaToHerRoo

Thread: 1st Ever Portfolio Review in PG County

hiness2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Wink 1st Ever Portfolio Review in PG County

I will be having my very first review of our 2 children today! I do not know what to expect, but I pray that I our review goes well. My suport group gave me a great rule of thumb to use when putting together materials for review. Take progress reports for online work and or worksheets that show some of your child's beginning, middle and end in each subject, so that your reviewer can see how your child is developing and progressing. I hope that this can be helpful to other mom's as well.
    Daughter of the King

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Best of luck with the review, and thanks for the pointers on how to make sure to show developing and prgressing.
    Perhaps you would be willing to share your support group's name and contact information in the thread about groups. They sound like they give pretty good advice!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Unregistered Guest

Smile how did your review go?

hi i have to go too next week ,can you tell me what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by hiness2 View Post
    I will be having my very first review of our 2 children today! I do not know what to expect, but I pray that I our review goes well. My suport group gave me a great rule of thumb to use when putting together materials for review. Take progress reports for online work and or worksheets that show some of your child's beginning, middle and end in each subject, so that your reviewer can see how your child is developing and progressing. I hope that this can be helpful to other mom's as well.

The post you responded to was actually a year old, but I think the things that Hiness said were very true. The reports for Time4Learning make it easy to show progress and serve also to show at what level your child is completing work, meaning that it shows scores so that they can see not just what is completed, and progress, but also whether they are completing the work with 70% or 100% scores. I think the best suggestion for preparing for reviews is document, document, document! The more information you have available the more prepared you look!! They might not look at all of it, but it doesn't hurt to have it.

Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...
    Homeschooler of 1 child for 4 years with Time4Learning!~

SunshineHomeschoolAcademy Guest

Smile Time4Learning for PG County Portfolio Review

The Portfolio Review using Time4Learning was a breeze. I was definitely nervous at first. But the Time4Learning portfolio was so thorough, and my reviewer already knew about it. I ran out of ink so I couldn't print out 20+ page portfolio on T4L, but the portfolio review form basically wants the subjects you taught and the concepts learned, so I wrote in the major concepts in each of the major subjects. Time4Learning spells it all out. I only had space for 25% of the concepts learned. Plus I brought artwork the children did, and described what we do for physical education and health as well as music. Time4Learning is awesome!

SunshineHomeschoolAcademy,
    Thank for the information, it relieves a lot of apprehension when other new homeschoolers can see how you faired at your portfolio review. I am so happy for you that it went well! Thank you for sharing, this is exactly the sort of thing that Maryland homeschoolers can help each other out with.
    We are so glad that you love Time4Learning! My family loves it, too, and I can't say enough good about it. You want to know what my biggest problem with T4L is? I don't know what we are going to do when my daughter finishes 8th grade and there is no more T4L!!!!
    What will we do then?? (fortunately, we have 2 more years before we have to face that )
    Last edited by MamaToHerRoo; 09-13-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: adding in letters my keyboard chose to omit:)
    Gwencumm likes this.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!