activities

Thread: activities

Default activities

Hi I've just decided to home school my son. My biggest concern is that he be involved in activities with other kids. I welcome any feed back from other parents who have been homeschooling in this area.

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: activities

I'm not in your state, but you might look for local co-ops. My kids take either dance, martial arts, acting, singing, etc. We also spend a lot of time at the library.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I subscribe to our tiny local paper for the sole purpose of knowing when there are activities in our area. Check your parks and rec, too. Ours offers lots of activities year round. Oh, and our library has programs for kids.

And, of course, there's always Scouts, 4H, volunteer work, music lessons, organized sports . . .

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Sunday -OCMC Guest

HOME

We are a co-op in Lanham MD and we provide oversight to home schooled student in PG County. This eliminates the need to have binder reviews semi-annually with the county. It also provides you ans your child the opportunity to engage with other parents and children in a Montessori environment and participate in our field trips and activities.

call or email us!

[email protected]
    240-334-7412

Homeschooling Mama Guest

If you are in Baltimore County, MD you should check out true balance studio in towson. They offer a weekly homeschooling gym class. My kids love it. Every Thursday.

livebygod Guest

We go to the Morning Academy at our local library for homeschoolers once a month. We also do homeschool gym classes and sometimes sign up for sports. We are also part of a Christian congregation that has over 20 kids that we see at least 2 times a week. Not to mention we get together outside of our meetings! If you go to the library during the day sometimes your children will find other kids who homeschool. If you go when school is closed your children will be able to play with lots of children. Don't forget playgrounds!