DC MOM needs support and looking at MD
    DC Desperado Guest

Default DC MOM needs support and looking at MD

Hello ALL! I am so frustrated trying to find a DC homeschooling group that is closer to home and w/ like minded folks. Having a hard time navigating searches, can someone please !!! direct me, tell me if I am allowed to join a MD group b/c I live in TenleyTown? what curriculum can I use that doesn't make requirements of me to attend their facility in NorthEast WashDC? and that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Just throwing out a lot right now, its been a long 4 yrs. My DS is sensory, adhd and anxiety and I have a legal meeting w/ DCPS this MOnday and know I will not get funding for a smaller class size & services...
    THANKS!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

DC...
    Hi, I'm sorry you are so frustrated. You are looking in the right place if you are looking for a curriculum that will not make demands of you, and will help you with record keeping and lesson planning. Time4Learning is a great curriculum for that. It is also very cost effective. Homeschooling is a great option for students who find classrooms to be stressful, or overstimulating. My daughter has ADHD and classrooms are definetly not good for her. She loves Time4Learning because it is colorful, and fun, and moves at the pace she needs it to move. I love T4L because I don't have to plan lessons, buy expensive curricula that might or might not work for her learning style, and best of all, T4L keeps records for me. For homeschoolers in MD this is a good thing because you can print out reports in various ways for portfolio reviews.
    As for homeschool groups, try looking under Yahoo! groups for Maryland homeschool groups. I'm pretty sure there are a couple listed.
    Do you have specific homeschooling questions or questions about Time4Learning that we could try to answer for you?
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!